The Riser demo allows you to easily experiment with Riser using a local Kubernetes cluster.
Ensure that you have a recent version of the following:
- Docker (Note: just for client tooling - the Docker daemon does not need to be running)
- Git CLI
You must also have a GitHub account for the state repo. Riser will support other git providers in the future.
ℹ️ These dependencies are specifically for running a local demo of a full Riser stack. A typical app developer only needs the Riser client binary.
⚠️ Windows Users: A Windows release is available but has not yet been tested. It’s recommended that you use the Windows Subsystem for Linux for the Riser CLI.
Demo Installation #
- Enable the minikube ingress addon:
minikube addons enable ingress
- Create a minikube cluster. For the best results use the recommended settings:
minikube start --cpus=4 --memory=6144 --kubernetes-version=1.17.11.
- Create a GitHub repo for Riser’s state (e.g.
- Download the latest Riser CLI for your platform and put it in your path.
- Ensure that your minikube is started. In a new terminal window, run
minikube tunnel. Ensure it establishes the tunnel and let it run in the background.
riser demo installand follow the instructions.